BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Welcome to The Space Between

Between what, you ask? It could be many things. The space between the lines. The space between the rain. The space between reality and dreams. It can mean anything you want it to mean. Because one of my favorite writers, Orson Scott Card, once said that the story is only half told by the writer. The reader adds the other half with their own experiences, with their own interpretation of the story, with what it means to them. I like that. It's a nice thought, and I hope that people will add their own interpretations to my own writing. I hope that I can join with you, the reader, and connect with you on a level where we tell the story together, whatever that story may be.

It actually came down to The Space Between and The Rabbit Hole (inspired by Alice in Wonderland)
, and I must admit that my illustrious benefactors over at Appeal preferred the latter, but a good friend by the name of April presented a valid argument for the former, and I was kind of leaning that way, anyway. I still like the name The Rabbit Hole, but I've always thought that would be an awesome name for a club. Maybe one day I'll be able to open that club, so I'm going to save that name. You know, just in case. ;)

So The Space Between it is, and The Space Between it shall be. I hope that you enjoy my writings, as I plan to post both original work here as well as my published work for the various print publications with which I am affiliated. To get the ball rolling, I transplanted my blog from Myspace, almost 30 posts, dating back a few years. So, um, if you find that a few posts are a little dated, yet were just added recently, it's because I actually wrote it when it was current, and it has just been moved over from the old blogs.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my new home. I know I will. Keep reading. You just might enjoy yourself!

Until next time,

Clay

0 comments: